TMJ & Jaw Pain
TMJ is the most common form of jaw pain. With proper chiropractic and wellness care, the discomfort associated with TMJ can be relieved.
Causes of TMJ
- Grinding or clenching teeth when sleeping
- The joint’s cartilage is damaged by arthritis
- Erosion or movement of the soft cushion or disc erodes causing the ball and socket to move out of proper alignment
- Facial tension caused by extreme and chronic stress
Common Symptoms of TMJ
- Pain when trying to open your mouth wide
- Clicking or popping sound when closing and opening our mouth
- Pain or tenderness in the face
- Extreme pain or discomfort on one or both sides of the face
Home Care for TMJ
- Change in diet – eat more soft foods
- Over the counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory
- Mouth guard when sleeping
If you’re TMJ pain persists and relief is nowhere in sight. Please call our offices at (386) 775-6879 and our doctors would be more than glad to evaluate your symptoms and offer treatment.
"Everyone here is great! They're all very nice and personable. Dr. Rollman is great and is very good at what he does. We would highly recommend this office."
-Josh K. via Facebook
"I have been a patient here on and off for 15 years. The staff is always super helpful and the doctors always take their time with my care. Other chiro's rush from one adjustment to the next, this is not the way at Complete Wellness. Massage therapy here is fantastic as well. They even offer a monthly massage club that gets you discounts on your massages."
-Brad F. via Yelp
"Love it here! The staff is great and Doctor Rollman is fantastic. After the first few visits I was already feeling so much better. Thanks to everyone there who treats me like family and always greets me with a smile."
-Tanya L. via Facebook