TMJ & Jaw Pain Treatment
Relief for TMJ & Jaw Pain Through Chiropractic
TMJ is the most common form of jaw pain. With proper chiropractic and wellness care, the discomfort associated with TMJ can be relieved.
Causes of TMJ
- Grinding or clenching teeth when sleeping
- The joint’s cartilage is damaged by arthritis
- Erosion or movement of the soft cushion or disc erodes causing the ball and socket to move out of proper alignment
- Facial tension caused by extreme and chronic stress
Common Symptoms of TMJ
- Pain when trying to open your mouth wide
- Clicking or popping sound when closing and opening our mouth
- Pain or tenderness in the face
- Extreme pain or discomfort on one or both sides of the face
Home Care for TMJ
- Change in diet – eat more soft foods
- Over the counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory
- Mouth guard when sleeping
If your TMJ pain persists and relief is nowhere in sight, Wellspring Health, “The Complete Wellness Center of Orange City” and the Coastal Spine and Injury Center in Daytona, would be more than glad to evaluate your symptoms and offer treatment. Contact us today!
Most insurance plans are accepted at our office
We accept most major medical insurance as well as auto insurance and workers compensation.
Since there are so many plans and coverage can vary, please call us to find out if your plan covers care in our office. Our staff will verify and explain your benefits before treatment.