Symptoms of TMJ
TMJ is one of the most common forms of jaw pain, which means that it is easily treatable. In fact, there are a number of symptoms that you should be aware of so that you can address the issue as soon as possible. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Pain in your face, jaw, or ears when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide
- Difficulty opening your mouth wide
- Jaws that get “stuck” or “lock” either when open or closed
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds when you talk or chew — may not involve pain
- Trouble chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite
- Swelling in your face
Home Treatment of TMJ
Treating TMJ can be done at home in some circumstances. In fact, you could try some of these options before calling us to see if they help resolve the problem:
- Eat soft foods
- Take an over-the-counter (OTC) anti-inflammatory medication
- Use moist heat or ice packs
- Use a mouth guard when sleeping
Professional Treatment of TMJ
If your pain persists or worsens in spite of trying these treatment methods, then it’s important to contact Wellspring Health for a professional evaluation and treatment plan. Please contact our medical professionals today to schedule your appointment. We have offices in Orange City and Daytona for your convenience. Don’t live with your jaw pain, call today for pain relief!
Most insurance plans are accepted at our office
We accept most major medical insurance as well as auto insurance and workers compensation.
Since there are so many plans and coverage can vary, please call us to find out if your plan covers care in our office. Our staff will verify and explain your benefits before treatment.